Monday, October 4, 2010

Take a number, please

I'm a big fan of waiting.  I know. Weird, right? I guess I should clarify that I'm a big fan of waiting until just the right time. I've never been one to really jump the gun on anything. I'd much rather sit back and debate the virtues of my various ideas until it seems just right.  That's where this blog comes in. I've been throwing around the idea of writing this for at least a year or two.  But where would I find the time? Forget the husband, two little girls, full time job, or even the MA thesis that I've been avoiding like the plague.  Perhaps I am busy. But really? I'm not that busy.  My complicated DVR schedule suggests that I may have more time that I realize.  So here it goes. My attempt to stop waiting around and finally start doing something I've always wanted to do. 

I suppose a little background info would probably be helpful.  I'm Melanie, an almost thirty (gasp!) former English major who teaches the finer points of grammar to middle schoolers. I've been married to Big P, the funny guy who rescued me from a horrific invitation to prom twelve years ago, for five years now and we've got two darling daughters, Savannah & Sophie.  Darling of course, because they're sleeping and giving their mama a few minutes of peace tonight.  I'm fairly certain that's not the adjective I would have used earlier tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment